St. Luke’s AME Church

This gable front church with a tower structure gave a simple building prominence within the landscape as well as the African American community located in Erin.  St. Luke’s African Methodist Episcopal Church is considered the oldest church inside the old corporate limits of Erin, located on the same site.  The AME Church originally purchased the lot in 1873 from w.B. Nichols, and they later purchased another half acre from Robert Graham in 1880.