Mr. and Mrs. McKendree Hollister gave the lot in which this church was built, beginning in 1880. It was completed in 1882 at the cost of $2,432.40. The Erin Cumberland Presbyterian Church is a two-story Gothic style church with a gable front and beautiful stained glass windows and it seats 300. This church, like many old congregations in Erin spun off from the Union Church, a multi-denomination congregation. Reverend A.M. Taylor was the first pastor of this church.