Houston County Area Chamber of Commerce
"Official Website for the Irish Celebration"
Site may be best viewed using Google Chrome or Firefox
|Lord High Mayor Announced|
Congratulations to the 2015 Lord High Mayor Richard Neal (seated).
We've had our kick-off and things are moving right along.
Congratulations to Bro. Richard Neal, our 2015 Lord High Mayor.
Congratulations to the following Emerald Award winners: Rotary recipient-Lori Pendergrass,
Rec Club recipient-Fred Finley
Lions Club Recipient-Karen Simons
H C Fair Board Recipient-Jay Perdue
Chamber Recipient-Cary Rye Each of you are very deserving of this honor.
|Kroger Helps Lions Club|
Take 10 minutes of your day and help your community.
Register your Kroger Rewards Card and they will donate 4% to the Lion's Club from all your
purchases, with no extra costs to you!!!
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
Enter the Lion's Club NPO number of 49808 and confirm.
|Sweet Tea and Southern Art|
Sweet Tea and Southern Art
This exhibit will be back for its third year! Local artists are featured in this wonderful showing. Times TBA.
Augut 21-23, 2015 at Shamrocks and Shenanigans. Applications need to be in by August 5th. They will be posted soon.
|2016 Theme Contest|
Theme Contest for 54th Annual Irish Celebration
Now is the time to participate in preparation for the upcoming 2016 Irish Celebration. Submit a worded theme that represents our town and its Irish Heritage. Your idea could be the theme for our parade, t-shirts, and advertising!
The student whose worded theme idea is selected will win:
- A Cash prize of $50.00
- The student will be named the Jr. Grand Marshall for the Parade and a float or car will be provided for them to ride.
- Winner's name and picture will be submitted to The Stewart-Houston Times, the Chamber website houstoncochamber.com
- The student will also receive two tickets to the Irish Banquet and Silent Auction held March 18, 2016.
- Contest begins: Monday, April 13, 2015.
- Contest ends: Friday, April 24, 2015.
- The entries must be submitted by the deadline to your school office or City of Erin Office on white, unlined 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper with your name, address and phone number ON THE BACK.
- Your worded theme idea can include your own drawings and artwork, however the Chamber reserves the right to redesign artwork.
- The announcement of the winner will be at the Chamber's Membership Banquet, October 15, 2015.
If you have any questions, please call Teresa Mitchell, 931 721-3301 days or 931 721-3588 evenings.
|April Newsletter |
Click this link to a pdf version of our monthly news.
April 23 we have the Academic Banquet.
April 30 we will have OUR Ribbon cutting and Open house. It will be 5-7 pm.
Also BIG for April is our Theme Contest.
Our next meeting is May 7, 2015 at noon, NEW Chamber Office-located in Court Square across from the red light- formerly Vaughn Shoe Store.
banner photography courtesy of Tammy Dowdy photography